Tuesday, 9 February 2016
Where to watch birds in Cumbria
View Cumbria Birding Locations in a larger map
Cumbria is a big county, and the range of habitats it offers is similarly large - from estuaries to sea cliffs, and reed beds to mountain tops.
The markers on the map to the right indicate various birding locations within Cumbria. Please contact us (website feedback) if you have any suggestions for changes/additions.
Several site guides have been published and are listed below:
- Birdwatching Walks in Cumbria by Tim Dean and Jeremy Roberts
- Best Birdwatching Sites: The Solway by John Miles
- A Guide to Birdwatching in the Lake District and the Coast of Cumbria by David and Rosemary Watson
- Where to watch birds in Cumbria, Lancashire and Cheshire, by J Guest and M Hutcheson.
- Great places to see winter migrating birds - Cumbria Wildlife Trust
For details of major ornithological sites, see below: