Cumbria is an excellent county for bird watching: the Lake District, superb coasts and estuaries, woods and fast-flowing rivers, up to Pennine moors.
All sightings Latest sightings:
(Reported but to be verified)
- 25-Mar: Black Redstart & Wheatears atSiddick Pond
- 18-Mar: Red Kite near Carlisle Airport
- 18-Mar: Sand Martins at Siddick Ponds today
- 4-Mar: Great Grey Shrike at 1.30pm today, west of Grizedale Forest on open access area, Crag Head. SD 319957 If parking at Brantwood please pay garden fee
- 10-Jan: Waxwings 6 Lowry Hill Carlisle
- 10-Jan: Long Billed Dowitcher still present at RSPB Campfield
- 10-Jan: Firecrest still at Longtown Sewage Farm
- 1-Jan: 7 Waxwings London Rd Carlisle
- Do join the club to receive regular CBC Newsletters by email.
- Here are some ideas on where to watch birds in Cumbria.
- Don't forget to check the tide times and weather.
- Please report any sightings and send us photos
- Join the Birding Cumbria Yahoo group or the Cumbria Birding Facebook group.
The Cumbria Bird Club runs events throughout the year, conducts important survey work and produces annual bird reports. We are working on a new county avifauna based on the BTO Bird Atlas survey. Please help out with any on-going surveys in the county.