Cumbria is an excellent county for bird watching: the Lake District, superb coasts and estuaries, woods and fast-flowing rivers, up to Pennine moors.
All sightings Latest sightings:
(Reported but to be verified)
- 26-Nov: Great White Egret - 1 on river near Little Salkeld
- 25-Nov: Great Northern Diver - 1 Urswick Tarn still
- 25-Nov: Great White Egret - 1 opposite Arnside Pier
- 24-Nov: Great Northern Diver - 1 Urswick Tarn still
- 23-Nov: Great White Egret - 1 near High Hesket still
- 22-Nov: Cetti’s Warbler - 1 again Creephaw Marsh, Walney
- 22-Nov: Great White Egret - 1 near High Hesketh
- 21-Nov: Great Northern Diver - 1 Windermere from Borrans Park
All archive reports From the archives:
- Do join the club to receive regular CBC Newsletters by email.
- Here are some ideas on where to watch birds in Cumbria.
- Don't forget to check the tide times and weather.
- Please report any sightings and send us photos
- Join the Birding Cumbria Yahoo group or the Cumbria Birding Facebook group.
The Cumbria Bird Club runs events throughout the year, conducts important survey work and produces annual bird reports. We are working on a new county avifauna based on the BTO Bird Atlas survey. Please help out with any on-going surveys in the county.
Nature through the lens
Mon 8 March 2021 7:15pm
The third Fred Gould Memorial Lecture joint with KNHS
Gary Gould - ‘Nature through the lens’. A selection of slides by Fred Gould, showing a variety of flora and fauna.