Cumbria is an excellent county for bird watching: the Lake District, superb coasts and estuaries, woods and fast-flowing rivers, up to Pennine moors.
All sightings Latest sightings:
(Reported but to be verified)
- 10-Apr: Arctic Skua - 1 Walney
- 10-Apr: Garganey - pair still Campfield RSPB
- 9-Apr: Garganey - pair Campfield still
- 9-Apr: Little Tern - 1 Hodbarrow
- 8-Apr: Long-tailed Duck - 1 Walney
- 8-Apr: Bonxie - 1 Walney
- 8-Apr: Garganey - pair Campfield RSPB still
- 8-Apr: Arctic Skua - 1 east past Bowness-on-Solway
All archive reports From the archives:
- Do join the club to receive regular CBC Newsletters by email.
- Here are some ideas on where to watch birds in Cumbria.
- Don't forget to check the tide times and weather.
- Please report any sightings and send us photos
- Join the Birding Cumbria Google group.
The Cumbria Bird Club runs events throughout the year, conducts important survey work and produces annual bird reports. We are working on a new county avifauna based on the BTO Bird Atlas survey. Please help out with any on-going surveys in the county.