Cumbria is an excellent county for bird watching: the Lake District, superb coasts and estuaries, woods and fast-flowing rivers, up to Pennine moors.
All sightings Latest sightings:
(Reported but to be verified)
- 1-Jun: Common Crossbill - one male and 2 females at Howbarrow
- 1-Jun: Red Kite at Foulshaw Moss
- 28-May: Avocet & Great White Egret at Siddick Ponds
- 21-Apr: Marsh Harrier high north over Ulverston
- 20-Apr: F Citrine Wagtail Siddick pond
- 7-Apr: Pied Flycatcher Naddle
- 25-Mar: Black Redstart & Wheatears atSiddick Pond
- 18-Mar: Red Kite near Carlisle Airport
- Do join the club to receive regular CBC Newsletters by email.
- Here are some ideas on where to watch birds in Cumbria.
- Don't forget to check the tide times and weather.
- Please report any sightings and send us photos
- Join the Birding Cumbria Yahoo group or the Cumbria Birding Facebook group.
The Cumbria Bird Club runs events throughout the year, conducts important survey work and produces annual bird reports. We are working on a new county avifauna based on the BTO Bird Atlas survey. Please help out with any on-going surveys in the county.