Cumbria is an excellent county for bird watching: the Lake District, superb coasts and estuaries, woods and fast-flowing rivers, up to Pennine moors.
All sightings Latest sightings:
(Reported but to be verified)
- 17-Apr: 2 Whimbrel Bowness on Solway
- 17-Apr: M Garganey Great Bay Derwent Water
- 23-Mar: Adult Mediterranean Gull on R Eden at Carlisle
- 23-Mar: Swallow at Siddick Ponds
- 20-Mar: Northern Wheatear at Geltsdale
- 15-Mar: Little Egret on R Lune at Tebay
- 15-Mar: Western Cattle Egret still near Lessonhall
- 7-Mar: Western Cattle Egret Lessonhall/Oulton for 3rd day
- Do join the club to receive regular CBC Newsletters by email.
- Here are some ideas on where to watch birds in Cumbria.
- Don't forget to check the tide times and weather.
- Please report any sightings and send us photos
- Join the Birding Cumbria Yahoo group or the Cumbria Birding Facebook group.
The Cumbria Bird Club runs events throughout the year, conducts important survey work and produces annual bird reports. We are working on a new county avifauna based on the BTO Bird Atlas survey. Please help out with any on-going surveys in the county.
Talk and AGM
Fri 4 October 2019 7:30pm
Twenty years of Pied Flycatchers in a Galloway wood
Wed 22 January 2020 7:15pm
Fred Gould Memorial Lecture
Mon 9 March 2020 7:15pm