Cumbria is an excellent county for bird watching: the Lake District, superb coasts and estuaries, woods and fast-flowing rivers, up to Pennine moors.
All sightings Latest sightings:
(Reported but to be verified)
- 27-Oct: Spoonbill - 1 Arnside still
- 26-Oct: Long-tailed Duck - 1 Walney
- 26-Oct: Little Gull - 3 Walney
- 26-Oct: Spoonbill - 1 Arnside still
- 25-Oct: Spoonbill - 1 Arnside
- 24-Oct: Little Gull - 1 first winter Parton
- 22-Oct: Yellow-browed Wabler - 1 Harrington Nature Reserve
- 22-Oct: Spoonbill - 1 Arnside
All archive reports From the archives:
- Do join the club to receive regular CBC Newsletters by email.
- Here are some ideas on where to watch birds in Cumbria.
- Don't forget to check the tide times and weather.
- Please report any sightings and send us photos
- Join the Birding Cumbria Google group.
The Cumbria Bird Club runs events throughout the year, conducts important survey work and produces annual bird reports. We are working on a new county avifauna based on the BTO Bird Atlas survey. Please help out with any on-going surveys in the county.
My local patch: A miscellany of wildlife
Wed 12 January 2022 7:15pm
Tony Marsh - ‘My local patch: A miscellany of wildlife’
Nature through the lens
Tue 22 February 2022 7:30pm
Gary Gould - ‘Nature through the lens’